Lionel Messi – The G.O.A.T
- At 11, he was identified as having a growth hormone deficiency that was stopping his normal growth rate. His parents couldn’t afford his treatment, that was 900 USD per month.
- Barcelona sporting director Carles Rexach was so impressed with Messi’s skills with the ball, he offered to cover his medical bills and move his family to Spain and sign him when he was just 13. He first signed on a document napkin as there were no sheets available at that time. This is one of the Legendary facts about Lionel Messi.
- He also works to get people suffering from Fragile X Syndrome which really is a type of autism.
- Whenever he scores a goal, his simple celebration of raising his arms in the air is a gesture of gratitude to his grandmother who died when he was 10.
- Leads Argentina’s soccer team to a gold medal at the Summer Olympics in Beijing.
- Establishes the Leo Messi Foundation, working to enhance access to education and health care for children.
- His international debut for Argentina lasted just 47 seconds when he received a red card after coming on as a substitute.
- Messi has got the all-time record for most goals scored in a single season for a major European football league, with 73 goals.
- Lionel Messi shares his birthplace – Rosario – with revolutionary Che Guevera.