Facts on Margaret Thatcher which is still unknown to the public, Read the whole content and know some wonderful mind blowing facts about Margaret Thatcher
Below given are some great facts on Margaret Thatcher
- Before entering politics, Thatcher worked as a food scientist developing soft-serve ice cream. This fact about Margaret Thatcher will have surely astonished you.
- Thatcher was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century.
- Margaret Thatcher Day is celebrated annually in the Falkland Islands. This is one among many facts about Margaret Thatcher which proves peoples love to her.
- She became a Member of Parliament for Finchley in 1959, became leader of the Conservative Party in 1975, and she was elected Prime Minister in 1979. This is one among many facts about Margaret Thatcher which proves her experience in politics.
- Famous in her opposition towards the USSR and its communist ideals, Margaret Thatcher soon became known within international politics whilst the ‘Iron Lady ‘. This fact about Margaret Thatcher is commonly known.
- She narrowly escaped assassination in October 1984, once the Irish Republican Army detonated a bomb at the Brighton Grand Hotel, where in actuality the Conservative Party was holding a conference. Five everyone was killed and 34 were injured in the attack.