10 amazing unknown facts on Titanic which will mesmerise you
10 amazing facts on Titanic are given below. Some of this facts about Titanic are still unknown to many
- Kate Winslet was among the few actors who didn’t wish to wear a wetsuit throughout the water scenes. As a result, she got pneumonia. This is one of the most unknown facts about Titanic.
- The fee to construct the Titanic in 1910-1912 was $7.5 million that was about $120 to $150 million in 1997 dollars. The movie cost $200 million to make.
- This fact about Titanic is a special one. Titanic was the first film to be released on video although it was still being shown in theaters.
- After filming, the remains of the ship were sold as scrap metal.
- This fact about Titanic is still unbelievable. The ship exterior set was constructed in a container on a beach south of Rosario, Baja California, Mexico.
- The whole set was attached to hydraulic jacks and could be tilted up to 6°rees.
- In the scene where in actuality the water comes crashing in to the Grand Staircase room, the filmmakers only had one shot at it because the whole set and furnishings were likely to be destroyed in the shot.
- James Cameron spent more hours with the ship than its living passengers did.
- After James Cameron finished the script, he discovered that there clearly was a real “J. Dawson” who died aboard the Titanic.
- The piece of wooden panelling that Rose floated on following the sinking is based upon an authentic artefact that survived the sinking and is on display at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax, Nova Scotia. These facts on Titanic movie are still unknown to many